Sometimes I feel like using this, other times not. I am fairly certain no one really reads it anymore and no one I don't talk to outside of LJ really use it anymore anyhow. So, maybe the updates are more for me than anything, I don't know.
I'd put this under cuts but I honestly don't know how to do one anymore? haha So deal with the text blocks, assholes.
Anyways, last year in February I finally, after 8 years of dealing with constant pain, went to a specialist for my stomach. Now, I'm not going to get into the nitty gritty of it and gross people out, but what I had been dealing with wasn't normal and wasn't something that was fixed with anything over the counter. The biggest problem I was having was moderate to severe abdominal cramping and this sharp, tugging pain around my bellybutton. My doctor had me do a blood test for Celiac disease (came back negative) and an elimination diet for 2 weeks to test for food allergies. I was worse on the elimination diet so I made an appointment for a follow-up and to schedule tests (he wanted to do an endoscopy and colonoscopy) but I lost insurance up until now and never got the chance to get them done.
So, I went back this week. Honestly, I didn't want the scopes done. Any type of sedation, conscious or not, freaks me the fuck out. He still wanted to do them and I asked if he thought we could try anything else first. I had been on Bentyl for a little bit and that helped but only a little so he put me on a stronger antispaz drug to stop the abdominal cramping. So far, so good. I haven't had any "bad" days yet since I've been put on it so honestly, I don't know how well it's going to work for those days I can barely get out of bed. But it has been working well. I still have the sharp, tugging pain but no cramping and nothing that goes along with cramping... My recheck is in two month and I really hope this will do.
Onto the next part... I've been working with the horse rescue again and last month started leasing a 3 1/2 year old paint filly. I was her sixth ride and she is just wonderful. I've laid out her training and she is coming along wonderfully. Now, I didn't start working with the rescue with intents to adopt or buy... but I really, really love this mare to death. She's very much a people pleaser and wants to work for you/wants to make you happy. As long as you're giving her clear direction she picks up on everything really quickly. I've gone through the numbers multiple times and I can afford to adopt her but there are a few things throwing up red flags and those are:
-I still live at home making $9 an hour in an entry level job.
-I'm not done with college and though I will be taking out loans next fall semester at a university, I'm still going to have to dedicate time/money to school.
-She is the rescue founders favorite horse and keeps gloating about how one day she'll make a great kids horse
First off, I don't foresee moving out any time soon and if I would, it wouldn't be alone. So that's not a huge deal and the job/hours are stable. The college thing is a year away so that's not an immediate deal, but if something happened then and I had to sell her because I was foolish, I'd be devastated. The third one is personal and not something that would actually keep me from saying I want to adopt her... but it's still something I think about. Like, there are so many horses out there I could buy that would be good for me so I feel kind of selfish taking a horse with such a good disposition that would be great for kids. I mean, I guess it doesn't matter. I'd still let the rescue use her for pony rides which is what they do now, but then I think of being a little girl and how awesome it would've been so have such a sweet little paint horse like her and I think maybe I shouldn't adopt her.
This is my second month leasing her so I am just going to talk to the lady about it and see what she honestly thinks. No one is interested in her that I know of and if anything, I'll just keep leasing/training her until I make a decision or someone else comes along first.
Here she is, btw: